Sps doing weird things in my tank...

alexytman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
303
Reaction score
109
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is doing fine but some of the sps.

A piece of pink Monty is bleaching. And some acro have these white strings. All of them across have very fuzzy polyp extension though. (Other than Monty, maybe too much light)

The main thing is what is the white strings. I had 2 across with them, the other one doesnt anymore and looks healthy but this one still has strings
IMG_20190414_170131_003.jpg
 
All I did recently was a 30% water change and changed my gfo to rowa. Rowa decrease my phos more and everything other than the toadstools and 2 acro and 1 Monty frag is doing much better now.
 
What are your NO3 and PO4 levels at? I might be wrong but I possibly see dinos on your rock. The stringy bubbles.
 
It's a stress response, but this can be caused by a few things and I have noticed it on occasion from doing water changes.

Changing your phosphates too quickly can be stressful on coral fwiw so just be careful youre not over doing the rowaphos.
 
It's a stress response, but this can be caused by a few things and I have noticed it on occasion from doing water changes.

Changing your phosphates too quickly can be stressful on coral fwiw so just be careful youre not over doing the rowaphos.
Probably. Cuz my nitrates are at a confortable level but rowa probably dropped the level too quick. I also just did a water change a few days after rowa, in such a small tank it probably shocked it.
 
What are your NO3 and PO4 levels at? I might be wrong but I possibly see dinos on your rock. The stringy bubbles.
They're not Dino's I think. The return blew air bubbles everywhere and are trapped by some work like things that grow on my rock (probably mucus from those tube snails)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new