OP
OP
Shaka_Reefer

Shaka_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on this build!? Are you able to get enough flow in tank for SPS with pumps on the rear wall or have you had to add to the front?
Here you go! Flow was so crazy I ended up removing my sandbed. Major changes can be found on the first post
61A42E43-4EFB-4C9B-AEC7-83ED69F4C8F9.jpeg
E3A01FFA-CC18-4184-B8FA-60E5863F3ADC.jpeg

OP
OP
Shaka_Reefer

Shaka_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m currently having some issues with high level of calcium and alkalinity and low magnesium. Let’s see what happens after increasing my effluent and decreasing the pH in the calcium reactor

OP
OP
Shaka_Reefer

Shaka_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m currently focusing on adding my fish until I get my parameters stable and see more coralline algae. Thinking about adding a candy basslet, helfrichi firefish, and a male green dragonet for our female mandarin.

Saltees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice fish collection you have there!

I was having bare patches from my WAV pumps on the far end of the tank. I turned one of them side way and the other pointing to the surface. Both helped with the reducing the bare patches.

I’m in the fish only phase too, but with some soft corals as test subjects before SPS. Given the number of fishes, have you tested your phosphates and nitrates? Mine is running PO4 0.35ppm and NO3 12ppm.

OP
OP
Shaka_Reefer

Shaka_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice fish collection you have there!

I was having bare patches from my WAV pumps on the far end of the tank. I turned one of them side way and the other pointing to the surface. Both helped with the reducing the bare patches.

I’m in the fish only phase too, but with some soft corals as test subjects before SPS. Given the number of fishes, have you tested your phosphates and nitrates? Mine is running PO4 0.35ppm and NO3 12ppm.
Thanks! Yeah it got too annoying having to fix the sand. When I removed the sand and my other three tangs, nitrate and phosphate went to zero. I was feeding them 1-2 sheets per day to prevent aggression!

Saltees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Yeah it got too annoying having to fix the sand. When I removed the sand and my other three tangs, nitrate and phosphate went to zero. I was feeding them 1-2 sheets per day to prevent aggression!
Super! I was suspecting sand...but with my wrasse bias stocking, I can’t do bare bottom. Will be trying TM Elimi NP to bring down the PO4 first.

Saltees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feminus wrasse is in my check list too. Just got radiant wrasse and a blue throat wrasse as I’m typing!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice garden!

Back