Stockning list for 120 help

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input, but I don’t really like the look of any of these two unfortunately. Of the Zebrasomas the ones I like are the Gem (to expensive) or the Desjardini

ill make sure to make him my last purchase and make sure I can relocate him/her in a worst case scenario
I have 4 tangs, they never battle, I always keep nori for them to graze on all day. Mines a 6 foot tank though so they can not be around each other if they dont want to be! I have a yellow. Fun fish! I had a purple too but she just passed. Old age, she was at least 10 when I got her a year ago. Beautiful fish

OP
OP
H

HSLSaltwater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 tangs, they never battle, I always keep nori for them to graze on all day. Mines a 6 foot tank though so they can not be around each other if they dont want to be! I have a yellow. Fun fish! I had a purple too but she just passed. Old age, she was at least 10 when I got her a year ago. Beautiful fish
I assume it comes down to the right fish and the aqua scape. I have found a nice community here in the vicinity of my place so worst case I can relocate troublesome fish.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume it comes down to the right fish and the aqua scape. I have found a nice community here in the vicinity of my place so worst case I can relocate troublesome fish.
Good! To me it isnt ever a tank without an angel, since angels got me in the hobby! A lot of the larger angels do eat corals so be aware. Coral beauties and flame angels (or other dwarf angels) seem to not eat corals but down to the specific fish. They have fun personalities and are stunning! These are my two angels

Attachments

• IMG_4155.jpeg
    IMG_4155.jpeg
    228.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4157.jpeg
    IMG_4157.jpeg
    174.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4150.jpeg
    IMG_4150.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4156.jpeg
    IMG_4156.jpeg
    243.3 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
H

HSLSaltwater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good! To me it isnt ever a tank without an angel, since angels got me in the hobby! A lot of the larger angels do eat corals so be aware. Coral beauties and flame angels (or other dwarf angels) seem to not eat corals but down to the specific fish. They have fun personalities and are stunning! These are my two angels
So beautiful. I’m a bit scared of adding angels due to the coral eating aspect. And the next best thing is the tangs or the butterfly fish (don’t feel like I want to add it due to low survival rate)

OP
OP
H

HSLSaltwater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to follow this closely. Planning stocking my own 120. Currently have 2 clowns, 3 banggai's firefish is next planned addition.
Feel free to post your wish list here.maybe you have some suggestions I have missed.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 120 and here is my take. You have several fish that can be aggressive and stake out a portion of the tank. It can make addition of mild behaving fish like some wrasses difficult. I would get rid of the hawkfish and grama. Consider a fairy wrasse or two and one of the halichoeheres wrasses. As @i cant think states only one of those two tangs. Your tank is too small for the other tang genus’s. Consider a genicanthus angel like bellus or watanabe instead. Maybe a few lyretail anthias.

16440.jpeg
IMG_6516.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

HSLSaltwater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 120 and here is my take. You have several fish that can be aggressive and stake out a portion of the tank. It can make addition of mild behaving fish like some wrasses difficult. I would get rid of the hawkfish and grama. Consider a fairy wrasse or two and one of the halichoeheres wrasses. As @i cant think states only one of those two tangs. Your tank is too small for the other tang genus’s. Consider a genicanthus angel like bellus or watanabe instead. Maybe a few lyretail anthias.
Thanks a lot, yeah there are probably a couple of wrasses that are more beautiful than the gramma and hawk. I’ll likely only take one Tang to make sure it’s not going to be a massacre in the tank

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So beautiful. I’m a bit scared of adding angels due to the coral eating aspect. And the next best thing is the tangs or the butterfly fish (don’t feel like I want to add it due to low survival rate)
Butterflies are bad at eating corals, never had an angel eat a coral as bad as the two butterflies I have

OP
OP
H

HSLSaltwater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Butterflies are bad at eating corals, never had an angel eat a coral as bad as the two butterflies I have
Good to know. Haven’t looked in to either due to the rumour about angels eating and butterflies dying. But maybe I should revalue the dwarf angels.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back