Sps dying

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kfactor
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 7, 2019
Messages
1,252
Reaction score
1,114
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all I just started my new tank about 8 months ago or so and just recently lost 2 of my sps corals . I switched lights to the new ai prime reef 16 lights about a week ago but lost the corals befor that .
Alk 8.4
Cal440
Mg1400
Phosphorus 2 ppb
No3
I have been running kalk for about month and a half now and all seems pretty stable at those levels . My po4 I dose 1ml a day and dose no3 2ml a week . My system is only around 40 gallons total with sump . The one thing I don’t understand I use redsea coral pro salt and mix it to 1.026 and get the results above and I check my salinity with my Milwaukee refractor metre I just got . This is a older pic and can’t run my t5 lights anymore as the new ai prime reef 16 I got interfered with the ai primes and trying to figure it out

91BC30CC-9D7E-4BD9-9BCA-33E0A2A908FD.jpeg
 
Hi all I just started my new tank about 8 months ago or so and just recently lost 2 of my sps corals . I switched lights to the new ai prime reef 16 lights about a week ago but lost the corals befor that .
Alk 8.4
Cal440
Mg1400
Phosphorus 2 ppb
No3
I have been running kalk for about month and a half now and all seems pretty stable at those levels . My po4 I dose 1ml a day and dose no3 2ml a week . My system is only around 40 gallons total with sump . The one thing I don’t understand I use redsea coral pro salt and mix it to 1.026 and get the results above and I check my salinity with my Milwaukee refractor metre I just got . This is a older pic and can’t run my t5 lights anymore as the new ai prime reef 16 I got interfered with the ai primes and trying to figure it out

91BC30CC-9D7E-4BD9-9BCA-33E0A2A908FD.jpeg
Are you sure your salt is showing an ALK range of 8-9? That salt is closer to 11 and if you are doing water changes that alk spike could cause enough stress to the corals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new