Sps encrusting and branching question

Jake_the_reefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 19, 2019
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,049
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a bunch of acro frags, most are branching already but I have a few that are purely just an encrusted frag like this pc rainbow.
My question is..
How long do they encrust for before I see branches shooting up?

20200402_180057.jpg
 
They are all different imo.
I have 2 green slimmer frags that have done nothing but encrust for the 8 months they have been in my tank.
They are just now starting to show some growth nubs.
I have others like my purple stag that has gone from a 2" frag to 8+" and branching as well as others with very good growth.
 
Same here. Don’t give up on them. Some of my most prize colonies started as base frags from another coral. Some start budding earlier than others. Some will lay dormant up to a year or two then out from no where growing like crazy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new