SPS for Nano Tank

mnreefer327

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 6, 2020
Messages
61
Reaction score
32
Location
Minnesota
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Fellow Reefers,

I recently set up a 25 gallon JBJ AIO system with the latest AI Prime for a light. I'd possibly like to do some SPS at the top of my rock work. I have owned some SPS before (Birdsnest, green slime acre, montiporas, mdntipora setosa- some easier stuff), but want to try some more SPS in my nano. Do y'all have any suggestions of good SPS corals for a tank of my size and my lighting?

Thanks a ton and reef on!
 
Honestly you could grow any sps you would like I’ve seen others do it in a nano. Assuming your tank is ready and parameters are good, par etc. I would add a showpiece acro if it was my tank would look really cool in a nano! I would maybe first try some type of Monti or similar sps.
 
I agree that you can add any SPS you want, assuming you give it correct parameters. I would however choose something slower-ish growing. Something like a slimmer or fast growing stag would be too big in a short time.

I tend to also agree with @WIReefer, a show piece like Walt Disney would make a great center piece for your tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new