SPS growth type list: Table, branch, encrusting et

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where can one find a table or list of SPS coral name matching with growth type...I’ve been everywhere and very often With the more common types the actual growth habit is assumed To be known (With respect to many Acros & Monti’s)
I would really appreciate a quick primer or list of the more common ”table-ing” acros (commercial names)
Encrusting acros? (Or Is there such a thing?)
Branching/table Montis?

I have a totally bare 210 nd I’m starting almost from scratch, 4x Kessil 350W and 2 Orbit LED puts out about 100-150 par near the bottom

MurphyJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Doctorgori

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

tautog83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You're here but I'll accept donations lol . Honestly though just read and read and read . Find the corals you like and just research it. Stay away from oo thats prettty. When you go to.the lfs you should know the requirements and names of every coral you're thinking about buying

MurphyJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful , two thumbs
I almost wanna pay someone for advice (1/2 way serious)
I understand completely. You look at little frags and it is impossible to see how they will grow. Once you know the type tabling / bushy / branching that you want, you can start incorporating the trade names ( as best you can). There are some great people on this site that provide species information. Some sites will give trade name and species (love those!) this is really great for flow, light, and where to place. Corals of the world is great for close up structure of corallites.

Back