SPS id - doesn’t seem common

  • Thread starter Thread starter ScottR
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2019
Messages
8,365
Reaction score
25,182
Location
Hong Kong
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this nice price from a friend. He cut it off a colony he has had for 10-15 years. Got it pre-indo ban. Thanks in advance.

DC8DB4B5-99D2-4F3A-B3D7-9C1D0A452BC0.jpeg
 
How did you even know that? :D I’m such a noobie at SPS.
Lol, I’ve had a few, I still have one. They are chill, quick growers. Hopefully that one will color up better for you. Mine has a neon body with forest green polyps. They spawn fairly easily in tanks, so expect to see a few baby colonies start in random places after a few months. Some people don’t like them for that reason. Their growth pattern resembles a terrestrial shrub.
 
Lol, I’ve had a few, I still have one. They are chill, quick growers. Hopefully that one will color up better for you. Mine has a neon body with forest green polyps. They spawn fairly easily in tanks, so expect to see a few baby colonies start in random places after a few months. Some people don’t like them for that reason. Their growth pattern resembles a terrestrial shrub.
I noticed the bottom had calcified and closed up while the top continues to branch out and grow
 
I noticed the bottom had calcified and closed up while the top continues to branch out and grow
Yea that’s not a great sign to be honest lol. But hopefully in your stable tank it will come around for you. The whole thing should be super fuzzy. I don’t have a great pic of mine. It’s in the background.
80448F62-8D60-47EB-9FB4-BA07B2EC7ED7.png
 
Yea that’s not a great sign to be honest lol. But hopefully in your stable tank it will come around for you. The whole thing should be super fuzzy. I don’t have a great pic of mine. It’s in the background.
80448F62-8D60-47EB-9FB4-BA07B2EC7ED7.png
I have those same two zoas side by side.

I like how you have SPS LPS and softies all grouped together.
 
Looks like a nice coral pocillopora might have a go growing one. Is it true they need longer to acclimate, what are we talking here?
They do take awhile. 2 months I’d say to be fully happy.
 
Looks like a nice coral pocillopora might have a go growing one. Is it true they need longer to acclimate, what are we talking here?
I got it 4 days ago. To me it seemed to acclimate fast as far as PE. This acro is going to need some nurturing.

D76ACE01-3A09-4200-9B26-4EF0D5824AC6.jpeg
 
I have those same two zoas side by side.

I like how you have SPS LPS and softies all grouped together.
Thanks mannn. I never check out the 40b, it gets no love :(
 
I got it 4 days ago. To me it seemed to acclimate fast as far as PE. This acro is going to need some nurturing.

D76ACE01-3A09-4200-9B26-4EF0D5824AC6.jpeg
That’s a gem!!!
 
Thanks mannn. I never check out the 40b, it gets no love :(
Nah. I love that. Everything just growing into each other and thriving. If something starts getting out of control, can dump in the 90.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new