SPS ID pls

Reef Jockey

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 20, 2021
Messages
485
Reaction score
893
Location
Under the sea
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can i get some help getting an ID on these corals. TIA
Acro.jpg not sure what kind of Acro this is
Montipora Setosa 1.jpg im guessing this is a Montipora Setosa?
Pocillipora.jpg Pocillipora or Stylo?
Milepora Acropora.jpg some kind of Millepora?

Appreciate any suggestions
 
I'm not sure about 1. (where did you get it - what did you buy it as?). 2 could be a setsosa BUT - the ones I have had did not have that polyp extension - and polyps were less - also tended to grow on the rocks as compared to that (though there are branching varieties). 3. yes style. 4. Possibly.

The most important place to start - is where you got it. Its hard to tell sometimes with small pieces - with one picture in time. :)

Either way - they all look very nice.
 
I'm not sure about 1. (where did you get it - what did you buy it as?). 2 could be a setsosa BUT - the ones I have had did not have that polyp extension - and polyps were less - also tended to grow on the rocks as compared to that (though there are branching varieties). 3. yes style. 4. Possibly.

The most important place to start - is where you got it. Its hard to tell sometimes with small pieces - with one picture in time. :)

Either way - they all look very nice.
Ty very much, i got these from a friend. He didn't know what they were called either.
 
1 is a deeper water acropora. Possibly A. multiacuta.

2 is likely not a setosa based on the polyp density. I would guess it is more likely a M. digitata

3 looks like thicker branches which makes me think Stylo, but they can sometime be hard to differentiate.

4 is definitely an A. millepora. Unsure of color morph, but I would guess sunset or shortcake.
 
1 is a deeper water acropora. Possibly A. multiacuta.

2 is likely not a setosa based on the polyp density. I would guess it is more likely a M. digitata

3 looks like thicker branches which makes me think Stylo, but they can sometime be hard to differentiate.

4 is definitely an A. millepora. Unsure of color morph, but I would guess sunset or shortcake.
your spot on with 2 and 3. i'll try to do more research on 1 and 4
thank you
 
Definitely a stylo. Pocillopora have really bunched branches compared to the Stylo. Stylos are pretty sweet, and they can look good/different in different lighting spectrums.
 
1 is a deeper water acropora. Possibly A. multiacuta.

2 is likely not a setosa based on the polyp density. I would guess it is more likely a M. digitata

3 looks like thicker branches which makes me think Stylo, but they can sometime be hard to differentiate.

4 is definitely an A. millepora. Unsure of color morph, but I would guess sunset or shortcake.
1642312458533.png

I think your right about it being a Sunset Millepora
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new