SPS ID pls

Reef Jockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can i get some help getting an ID on these corals. TIA
Acro.jpg not sure what kind of Acro this is
Montipora Setosa 1.jpg im guessing this is a Montipora Setosa?
Pocillipora.jpg Pocillipora or Stylo?
Milepora Acropora.jpg some kind of Millepora?

Appreciate any suggestions

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not sure about 1. (where did you get it - what did you buy it as?). 2 could be a setsosa BUT - the ones I have had did not have that polyp extension - and polyps were less - also tended to grow on the rocks as compared to that (though there are branching varieties). 3. yes style. 4. Possibly.

The most important place to start - is where you got it. Its hard to tell sometimes with small pieces - with one picture in time. :)

Either way - they all look very nice.

OP
OP
Reef Jockey

Reef Jockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure about 1. (where did you get it - what did you buy it as?). 2 could be a setsosa BUT - the ones I have had did not have that polyp extension - and polyps were less - also tended to grow on the rocks as compared to that (though there are branching varieties). 3. yes style. 4. Possibly.

The most important place to start - is where you got it. Its hard to tell sometimes with small pieces - with one picture in time. :)

Either way - they all look very nice.
Ty very much, i got these from a friend. He didn't know what they were called either.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ty very much, i got these from a friend. He didn't know what they were called either.
For sure others will weigh in:). you have a great friend

Labridaedicted

Wrassetastic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 is a deeper water acropora. Possibly A. multiacuta.

2 is likely not a setosa based on the polyp density. I would guess it is more likely a M. digitata

3 looks like thicker branches which makes me think Stylo, but they can sometime be hard to differentiate.

4 is definitely an A. millepora. Unsure of color morph, but I would guess sunset or shortcake.

OP
OP
Reef Jockey

Reef Jockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

2 is likely not a setosa based on the polyp density. I would guess it is more likely a M. digitata

3 looks like thicker branches which makes me think Stylo, but they can sometime be hard to differentiate.

4 is definitely an A. millepora. Unsure of color morph, but I would guess sunset or shortcake.
your spot on with 2 and 3. i'll try to do more research on 1 and 4
thank you

Cantusaurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely a stylo. Pocillopora have really bunched branches compared to the Stylo. Stylos are pretty sweet, and they can look good/different in different lighting spectrums.

OP
OP
Reef Jockey

Reef Jockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1642312458533.png

I think your right about it being a Sunset Millepora

Back