SPS ID?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 720 Reefer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

720 Reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 27, 2019
Messages
253
Reaction score
227
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both the same piece

427BEAC7-2A4E-4D83-BEF0-81AC3D382A0C.jpeg E902328B-4BD8-4B72-8E00-7714B047678A.jpeg
 
Sorry I should’ve been more detailed. I do know it’s an acro. Just looking for a more exact ID
Do you have a pic of the mother colony? That would help to get an id of the acro species. Or are you looking for a vender name like Walt Disney etc?
 
Do you have a pic of the mother colony? That would help to get an id of the acro species. Or are you looking for a vender name like Walt Disney etc?
Not the best pic, but here is the colony. Species and/or vender (if there is one)

4DA84D35-D166-4EED-9BD2-3F2495E8DA35.jpeg
 
Definitely a stag. Do you have a picture of it’s colors under blues?
 
Definitely a stag. Do you have a picture of it’s colors under blues?

I disagree with this being a stag, I believe this coral will form more of a loose knit corymbose table as it grows out and fills in. Also coloration is the last trait to look at when trying to ID a species.

Radial structure on the frag pics and also on the mother colony- the way the radials become more elongated and tubular towards branch tips reminds me of kimbeensis.
 
I disagree with this being a stag, I believe this coral will form more of a loose knit corymbose table as it grows out and fills in. Also coloration is the last trait to look at when trying to ID a species.

Radial structure on the frag pics and also on the mother colony- the way the radials become more elongated and tubular towards branch tips reminds me of kimbeensis.
Colors was for an ID on the vender name of the coral...
 
my Tyree superman tenuis frag looks very similar to the frag photo
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new