SPS ID

TheJoshuaPlan

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 19, 2020
Messages
46
Reaction score
30
Location
Minnesota
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS has these bright green/blue sps on sale. Does anyone know what they might be?

FD273B87-0588-48AA-B89D-9B38D7A04C14.jpeg
 
My LFS has these bright green/blue sps on sale. Does anyone know what they might be?

FD273B87-0588-48AA-B89D-9B38D7A04C14.jpeg
My best guess is a lepto or maybe a type of montipora. If it is sps and it is encrusting it is most likely not that bad to house. For example I bough a feather duster worm and it came with a hitchhiking montipora, and I had no idea how to care for it and I had no idea what it was but I managed to keep it alive. If you have already kept sps before then you should go for it, If you are a beginning sps keeper then I recommend you leaving it there, but if you want you can take it you could discover a new favorite coral of yours. Just use process of elimination it seems to have lots of appendages those could be the polyps. My top three that I think it is are leptoseris, montipora, and porities. I'm sorry I could not give a perfect Identification or give you what it completely is. hope you find out have a good day.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new