SPS lighting

  • Thread starter Thread starter Matt56
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I have 2-26’s over my 29 gallon biocube frag tank and I have to max out the blues, v, uv with the whites at 25 just to get 275-300 par on the sps frags. Now they are closer to the bottom but the standard ab+ was only generating 175 -200, and that’s with 2-26’s. But if either one of those programs should be just fine if the acros are placed higher up closer to the light source.
 
It has probably been modded for intensity as DZ has a deep tank. The AB+ is a tested schedule from Coral Labs that was brought out for the Ecotech Radion lights. Not saying DZ schedule is not great, but many reefers have seen great growth running the AB+.

And I think at the end of the day it will be personal preference.
I finally got in contact with the owner of this tank and these are his settings, a modified version of saxby’s settings.

8A8B5C93-603A-4085-A0DA-7C42E6306587.png 8B1505B2-BEB5-4DCD-9DA5-0EA6EA712F74.png
 
I finally got in contact with the owner of this tank and these are his settings, a modified version of saxby’s settings.

8A8B5C93-603A-4085-A0DA-7C42E6306587.png 8B1505B2-BEB5-4DCD-9DA5-0EA6EA712F74.png
Those settings should work well if your sps are in the top half of the display like the picture
 
I was getting 400 PAR with two hydra 26HD’s running AB+ on my 30L, granted it’s only 13” deep.
So basically a small cube because 30L is pretty small.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new