SPS looking dull

150 Gallon Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 18, 2012
Messages
436
Reaction score
230
Location
Southern New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 120 total gallon system tank which has been running for about 6 months. Half the liverock came from my previous system, so it matured pretty quickly. Lately I've noticed some of my sps are losing a bit of color and are not as vibrant as they once were. Nothing is dying, but some SPS don't have full PE. I have not changed my lighting schedule and have very stable conditions. I do not do frequent water changed due to low nutrient level struggles after the WC. I dose brs 2 part with a doser. I was wondering if it is an amino issue since water changes are not done much?

I finished up 5 weeks of vibrant treatment about 3 weeks ago and now just treated chemiclean to take care of a slight cyano issue following vibrant.

Lighting- reefbreeders photon with 2 lumenbars.

Flow- mp40 set to 80 percent wave maker mode. Mp10 set to max wave maker mode flowing across the back of the tank behind rock.

Phosphate- .05 to .08 hanna
Alk- 7.8 to 8.1 red sea
Nitrate- 4 to 8 red sea
Calcium- 460 red sea
Mag- 1300 red sea
Salinity- 1.025 refractometer

I did an icp test about a month ago. I will post the results here. Any help is greatly appreciated!
 

Attachments

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new