SPS,LPS,Softies 2 frag tanks same sump???

stgawne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting (2) 60 gallon frag tanks and was wondering if I should Plum them together with the same sump. Also should i keep SPS in one tank and everything else in the other? Or can i put all frags in one tank and keeps sps on 1 side of a tank and softies and lps on the other side and then i can keep the mother colonies in the other tank???
Thanks in advance. Going from 180 gallon now to (2) 60 gallon 24x48 tanks 12inchs deep.

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you can plum multiple frags tanks to the same sump with no problem , a lot of people does this , it saves on space and equipment. You can keep the LPS and SPS in one tank with no problems . Hope this helps.
KJ;)

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While there are some benefits of running two separate systems is not completely necessary.I have raised SPS and LPS in the same frag tanks for years.Just be sure to give your varieties plenty of room to grow so that they don't touch each other.

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is not an issue running both tanks to the same sump. However if you have a tank crash in one tank it will most likely carry over to the other tank. Many people have separate systems because of this reason. I always run my frag tank's separate from one another.

bbreda52

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have 4 80 gal frag tanks runnin to a single agriculture 150 gal sump. Skimmer, carbon and phosban reactors as well as calcium reactor. Sump size helps if a single tank is struggling.

racin2438

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our frags tanks have been developing very well since we started to do fragging. We have a 48x24x8 grow tank and a 48x20x12 sell tank. We made our stands, sumps and have a variety of lights. Plus the repeat customers have enjoyed a new place to go and get fresh, healthy frags.
We also started a tank maintenance business on the side with 4 regular customers and it's been really fun.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 116 35.4%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back