SPS Overload - Packed tank, will I have issues down the road? Plus ID help?

jd-woodlands

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 3, 2018
Messages
409
Reaction score
377
Location
The Woodlands, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
460603AC-013E-4DAF-94BC-6B999702E598.jpeg
this is my IM Nuvo 30L - yes this is only 30 gallons. I have quite a bit of SPS in here, any tips or thoughts on how to keep everything playing nice as the tank grows out, or am I in for trouble down the road?

View attachment 883743
DB672ECA-2EC3-445E-9940-D1115277E8E7.jpeg


DC0770C8-0693-4E42-A7C3-49E84110F293.jpeg



FDA2E322-5524-43A4-A1E2-D76F830C92F3.jpeg



28FA7D38-5268-4736-B7CC-951821259FC1.jpeg


CB2C9D5A-75A6-47F1-9CCA-D74D08AA2384.jpeg


92057639-2EC7-412E-AA53-D10AD1457534.jpeg


39C4EEE9-2AA9-4475-963B-7BA46F677633.jpeg


295112BE-2D29-4280-B4F5-8C2EFE6F9D38.jpeg
CD5B61A1-CF5D-457D-8740-07CDF79C7310.jpeg
6DA4F17E-6AA4-4AD4-A11E-5B775A637258.jpeg


328C3473-5B9E-48AD-8134-B7CB9B30CEF3.jpeg
7BB5DD74-4894-4E5D-A455-BC39F7D4B353.jpeg
66E32B74-470A-4C41-BEC0-6BC81202849C.jpeg


34E91164-C00F-485C-8122-EB49E279B354.jpeg


C579FC3D-45A8-4990-B7C2-5DCD9F643950.jpeg
 
Welcome to reef2reef. Beautiful tank.
excited.gif
 
Thanks for the compliments! Will most of the SPS just figure out space for itself? The few that start touching burn the tips but that seems to be about it.

How would T5s help? More of a radiant light to fill in gaps?
 
I think your tank looks gorgeous. As your corals grow, frag or remove as necessary. I don’t think you are setting yourself up for trouble, more like you’re setting yourself up for either a frag tank or additional display. Beautiful
 
Beautiful! I dont know much about the coral, so i will just comment that its beautiful!
 
This is a great reef! Any updates?
 
Time for a bigger tank.

Looking good.
 
giphy.gif


Welcome to the team!
That is an awesome looking aquarium, as said above fragging or upgrade eventually.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new