SPS PE decreasing since switching to All for Reef

kriskool123

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 24, 2014
Messages
91
Reaction score
69
Location
Miami Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone noticed a decrease in PE when switching to all for reef from 2 part ? When I used 2 part my tank had much better PE on my Milliepora and Tenuis. My trace elements are all in line, I have great random flow and 250-400 par. Chemistry has always been: 8.5 ALK, calcium around 420, mag 1450. Nitrate around 20 and po4 around .09

Has anyone else noticed low PE since starting all for reef or better PE when switching to 2 part?
 
I use all for reef in multiple tanks but never did 2 part but have polyp extension but if you think the tank is better on 2 part give it a bit longer or probably revert back if u really are noticing the changes
 
I think all for reef if decent to use if your consumption isn’t Terrible per day since it has all of the trace plus it’s not instant increase like 2 part so I like that it slowly goes up and becomes useable after I think bacteria has to process the carbocalcium so alkalinity is useable or however that works in the a4r
 
Yes I just didnt know if Calcium Formate was less desirable for sps to use or if it made no difference except for PH and the delay for it to appear on a ALK test
 
Yes I just didnt know if Calcium Formate was less desirable for sps to use or if it made no difference except for PH and the delay for it to appear on a ALK test
It's bound to the formate until bacteria breaks it down. It's almost like a low dose carbon source.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new