SPS QT and Interceptor

Rick Cavanaugh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If interceptor is added to a qt tank with no skimming or carbon, does the interceptor level stay high enough to kill redbugs for 2-3 weeks or does it degrade? Interested in finding a qt method to guarantee no redbugs entering DT. Next would be FWE treatment using FWE in QT.

I have a 10 gallon tank and LED light setup that I use for QT, but I am unsure of how long interceptor is active or does it biodegrade over time. I can find lots of info on treating a tank with interceptor, but none on its use in a QT system.

29bonsaireef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will do it's work in the first 12-24hrs. IME, you don't really want it in any longer then that. After 24hrs change the water and repeat if you have to, but in a 10gal you should be able to wipe them out in a single dose.

speedstar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are red bugs still a big issue? Been out the hobby for about 10 years at that time everyone was dosing for them. Now it seems AEFW are the biggest issue

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked this probably 15 years ago and Dr. Holmes-Farley opined back on reefcentral that the compound would probably break down in a day. While it does work quickly, it is not a good residual treatment.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back