SPS RTN - How quickly they go!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Birddog
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
My 2 cents is bacterial infection takes hold on already stressed corals. A couple of things that I have learned is big change in alkalinity, to large a change from new gfo. You may not see the effect for a week and not every coral will show it but chances are they all got stressed. It happens so fast, looks good this morning and pretty much dead by tomorrow. If it survives it seems to come back stronger than ever.
 
Shoot man That is a heartbreaker. Sounds like some kind of rapid contamination for sure. either source water or something like a rusty magnet or worse like the old "battery in the sump" meltdown

you aren't running a dual membrane RO system at all are you?

Uh oh, is there a problem with the dual membrane? Im running a the 150 gpd BRS upgrade and want to make sure it's not an issue.
Thanks
Jason
 
I tend to believe issues with alk like bruce burnett mentioned above are a major culprit with stn and rtn. The longer I keep sps the more important I find dead on stability with water parameters is a huge contributor with successful sps especially with alk and salinity.
Jeff
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new