SPS Safe Fish for Rimless Tank

Hair Algae Wizard

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 26, 2012
Messages
610
Reaction score
1,030
Location
Southern, NJ
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks,

I know certain fish are more prone to jumping than others, and that all fish have the potential to jump. I have a rimless tank, that I plan to be SPS dominate over time. I'm leery of getting a lid, as I don't want PAR reduction from my Radions. Any advice on what fish to stock with? I do plan on Tangs and currently have Lyretail Anthias in QT.

Thanks for any suggestions!
 
Get a lid, par reduction is like 4%, plus you won't have to bury all the fish that jump out.

Thanks, 4% I can live with. Any advice on who makes a great looking and fitting lid for a Waterbox 7226 Peninsula?
 
Here's a crappy pic of mine. He also offers black mesh too.
A7E5F53C-7F38-411F-89F3-71C45F6D3356.jpeg
 
Folks,

I know certain fish are more prone to jumping than others, and that all fish have the potential to jump. I have a rimless tank, that I plan to be SPS dominate over time. I'm leery of getting a lid, as I don't want PAR reduction from my Radions. Any advice on what fish to stock with? I do plan on Tangs and currently have Lyretail Anthias in QT.

Thanks for any suggestions!

The reduction from a screentop lid will be negligible and seeing a nice fish on your floor is far worse than the tiny bit of par your corals aren't getting from having one.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new