SPS skeleton peeling off slowly

  • Thread starter Thread starter stan255
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

stan255

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 20, 2021
Messages
54
Reaction score
17
Location
Melbourne, Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first time keeping SPS and I have a green SPS frag (sold as a staghorn) that is peeling off from the base.

There are two bold spots. The first spot peeled off overnight. The second spot followed a week after.

Is this STN?

Attached image of before and after.

stn.png
 
Did you see them peel off or are you just noticing white spots growing?
 
Did you see them peel off or are you just noticing white spots growing?
I didn’t see it peel off (this might be the wrong terminology).

Those aren’t white spots I believe as the flesh is gone not bleached or anything growing over it.
 
While there can be several causes, in my experience the most common one is alkalinity not being stable, or too low

Can you post your full parameters, Ali BFF with your lighting equipment ?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new