Sps spawning?

Reefing8EZ

unregistered
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
1,440
Reaction score
9
Location
Sunny SoCal!
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tonight I just turned on my LED moonlights and notice my sunset Mille releasing what looks like little balls/eggs. Anyone else experience this before?
I have had it happen once before from a different sps colony. Is it spawning in my tank? Will I get little baby sps growing everywhere?
 
Can u tell us more about your tank system, I would like to to know what conditions helped this happen!!

Awesome kudos
 
Can u tell us more about your tank system, I would like to to know what conditions helped this happen!!

Awesome kudos
It's a SPS dominant 40 breeder that's been up since July 2011.
Temp = 77-79
Salt = 1.025-1.026
Ph = 8.1-8.2
Alk = 8.5-9
Ca = 420-450
Mag = 1350-1380
30 gal sump
Bubble Magus NAC-7 Skimmer
TLF 150 Reactor with about 1/2cup carbon
2 Ecotech Vortech MP10 for flow
And a 24x24x12 LPS dominant hooked to same sump, setup since Nov 2011.
Oh, and both tanks are all T5!!
 
The spawn will probably get sucked into filters but you never know!

I wonder if you caught some of the eggs and allowed them to settle somehow in a container if anything would happen...

Very nice, Reefing!
 
The spawn will probably get sucked into filters but you never know!

I wonder if you caught some of the eggs and allowed them to settle somehow in a container if anything would happen...

Very nice, Reefing!
Very interesting idea Paul. I'm gonna give that a try next time.
And I don't run any filter material like socks or sponges. Just a skimmer and TLF150 running carbon but no sponges inside reactor.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new