SPS tips?

It’s hard to tell from the pic, but cyphastrea while can be acclimated to a higher PAR, it grows far better under low light, so I’d put it on the ground, even in a partially shaded area.
I have a very good spot planned out and it's generally on the same level but I find cyphastrea to be easy going.
 
Great starter sps. I have a green slimer 4 years old sitting on a red monti.
The monti is approaching the width of the tank. Many others have come and gone.
Oh snap. I was gonna start breaking up these montis, maybe I' try using them for a base!
IMG_2941.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new