Spyglass reactor question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just set up my small reactor and don't understand one aspect of it. I have it set up with a Sicce nano pump and its fluidizing gfo nicely. What I don't understand is the water output and where it goes. The water output is cascading gently over the sides but it doesn't go over the main body so it seems like it's just constantly recirculating the same volume of water within the reactor. What am I missing here? How does the water leave the reactor? Any ideas guys?

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just set up my small reactor and don't understand one aspect of it. I have it set up with a Sicce nano pump and its fluidizing gfo nicely. What I don't understand is the water output and where it goes. The water output is cascading gently over the sides but it doesn't go over the main body so it seems like it's just constantly recirculating the same volume of water within the reactor. What am I missing here? How does the water leave the reactor? Any ideas guys?

There are a few ways to set it up, is the nano inside the reactor? I have my just outside the reactor.

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got one of the 1st ones when it came out so it’s been a long time ago. Just looked at the site and see what you mean, it does appear the default is just recirculating. That’s odd.

OP
OP
Maximus

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, the nano sicce is inside the main chamber sitting on the bottom. I can't figure out how the water leaves the main chamber and returns to the tank?

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the nano sicce is inside the main chamber sitting on the bottom. I can't figure out how the water leaves the main chamber and returns to the tank?

Yeah it doesn’t seem like it ever would. I run mine with the provided T and some tubing to outside the reactor. I can’t remember if the tubing was provided or I bought it. The other sicce models looks like they connect to the external hole.

OP
OP
Maximus

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ahh. my friend Gabe pointed out that the tubing sticking outside the bottom of the chamber is loose and let’s water out. I thought it was completely sealed from the tubing.

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back