SRO XP5000-int skimmer pump suggestion

justice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for some info on pumps. I have an SRO xp5000-int with a Bubble Blaster 5000 with slip adapter.
Im on my second BB pump and this one is starting to have issues with the impeller. I wanted to upgrade to a DC pump. My question is, is there a way to get the various 6s to fit? An adapter i can buy? or is there a better pump?
Thanks

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for some info on pumps. I have an SRO xp5000-int with a Bubble Blaster 5000 with slip adapter.
Im on my second BB pump and this one is starting to have issues with the impeller. I wanted to upgrade to a DC pump. My question is, is there a way to get the various 6s to fit? An adapter i can buy? or is there a better pump?
Thanks
If you contact coralvue they can typically recommend an adapter. This is actually a very common thing people ask.

OP
OP
J

justice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you contact coralvue they can typically recommend an adapter. This is actually a very common thing people ask.
Thanks for the response.

I did contact them and Unfortunately they are not able to make recommendations or provide adapters.

“We are not able to make any recommendations on utilizing a different pump that was not originally offered with the unit upon design for best performance and compatibility.” Coralvue

So I wanted to see if anybody on the forum upgraded there XP5000-int, and if so, how they did it. Unofficially

JJT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks
Get a Lifereef SVS2-24 which can use ANY water pump you want to buy. All needle-wheel skimmers use their own pump design and are not compatible with other skimmers and likely discontinued when you need to get another so you have to buy another skimmer, with another specially designed pump that will last about as long as the pump. The number one reason the skimmer companies moved to these needle-wheel things is because it sells more skimmers, to the same hobbyist! When they sold a venturi skimmer (I'm talking about the older companies that used to make venturis, and not the newer companies that never made a venturi skimmer) that venturi skimmer lasted the hobbyist forever, unless they wanted a better venturi skimmer, because any pump can be used, and that doesn't sell more skimmers.
Needle-wheel skimmers are designed to get the bubbles out as fast as possible, very little contact/dwell time, they cannot do it due to the tiny bubbles. That bubble plate is a performance killer as it stops any water turbulence so the bubbles can rise in a direct shot to the neck, not good.
So, check out a true venturi skimmer from Lifereef and you will have a skimmer that will last forever and can use any cheap water pump, or expensive water pump, your choice!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back