SSSHHH !!! it's a secret...

cnason3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I added a green bta for my Juvenal clowns because at night they were camping out in the upper corners of the tank at night. so I figured maybe a bta would give them a safe place to sleep. I was kind of reluctant to get one because of their tendency to wander but oh well I will give it a shot. so first night after lights out probably around 4am I figured I would go check to see if where the bta ended up as it had been moving around all day. when I found it my little clowns were all over it just having a great time couldn't believe they paired up so quick. so skip forward to this after noon and they act as though they dont even see the bta completely ignoring it. so either they are keeping things on the down-low for now or they just decided things are not going to work out for them. only time will tell I guess......

AwildcatsZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clownfish will typically be found in an anemone when there is a threat present. If they are the largest fish, or the only fish, in the aquarium they will not feel threatened and therefore swim freely during the day. At night they will be more likely to be found in the anemone as it is still in their DNA to take refuge.

My clowns do the exact same thing. During the day they rarely are found in the anemone, but the second I put my hand in to clean the glass or do other maintenance they quickly find safety in my BTA.

Very happy to hear that they have found the anemone so quickly! It is so fun to watch them play around, even if it is only at night...:)

OP
OP
cnason3

cnason3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clownfish will typically be found in an anemone when there is a threat present. If they are the largest fish, or the only fish, in the aquarium they will not feel threatened and therefore swim freely during the day. At night they will be more likely to be found in the anemone as it is still in their DNA to take refuge.

My clowns do the exact same thing. During the day they rarely are found in the anemone, but the second I put my hand in to clean the glass or do other maintenance they quickly find safety in my BTA.

Very happy to hear that they have found the anemone so quickly! It is so fun to watch them play around, even if it is only at night...:)
This makes sense. right now they are the king and queen of all. so nothing to fear and no need for protection

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 31 21.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 105 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.2%
Back