Stability

  • Thread starter Thread starter TLO45
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

TLO45

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 15, 2014
Messages
302
Reaction score
226
Location
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize stability is key in sps but am wondering what people think is an acceptable daily variance of Alk ? I use a trident on a 8 month old reef and I’m having some questions on stability. Over the last week my Alk has gone from 8.2 to 8.7. Typically daily swings are .2-.4 dkh.
 
that's nothing. I was having to dose baking soda by hand recently as I shut my CaRx off and i would swing 1.3+ dkh/day. Then I'd simply dose at night.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new