Stacey the Pom Pom Crab

heyItzCathan

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 8, 2025
Messages
95
Reaction score
60
Location
Highland
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to share this experience so others may laugh at this.

I’m a new reefer who recently purchased a Pom Pom crab (Stacey) 3 weeks ago. For the past 3 weeks I’ve been worried that it hasn’t eaten as I just never saw it and target feeding was impossible as I just never saw her. On Sunday after RAF, I came home and found her body and just felt overly sad and guilty as I felt like I failed her. I did full tests and everything came up within acceptable parameters but my nitrates were slightly higher than the previous day so I figured it was that or starvation. Gave her a proper funeral which involved a lot of “sorry”.

Fast forward to 2 days (today), I decided to do some coral feeding and as I am watching everyone, Stacey runs out of no where and grabs some mysis shrimp off the floor and quickly runs into a hole in the rocks. I immediately texted my roommate that she’s alive and sent the most blurriest picture that would easily qualify for a Bigfoot sighting picture.
 
Ha, when I first got into the hobby my cleaner shrimp did the same thing. Scared me at first, then it was pure confusion on how another shrimp ended up in my tank, then realization.

Glad the crab is ok!
 
Yeah...I remember that time I found my hermit crap in the mouth of my button Scolymia just to figure out days later she molted and that was just the molt I saw in the scollys mouth.
My coral banded shrimp nearly got me once too.
 
20220410_062630.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new