Stand and Glass Not Aligned

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if the door has any way to be raised slightly? The gap between the mat and door is what would probably bug me more than the tank overhang .

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see what your referring to about the mat.
Personally, I think it's because the cube line is not paired with a stand and most people may be buying theses tanks to put on an existing table. So they are not going to size the underside mat as if it was going to automatically go on one of their stands.
Can you imagine the controversy they would get for having a stand alone tank that did not cushion the entire bottom pane.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2017 model 134.5 has the overhang but the mat doesn't overhang. It stops at the end of the stand.

CODE3EMT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Red Rea Reefer 450 front glass over hangs, but once the doors are closed if you run your hand up the front of the stand to the glass, it is flush with the doors. That seems like it over hangs quite a bit though. Let me say again.......... and I'm not trying to knock Waterbox... the only part on the Red Sea that over hangs is the front pane. Looking at your pictures, there is more than just the "front pane" that over hangs.

That being said Waterbox wins on their plumbing.

I hate the Red Sea plastic bulkhead fitting with a passion.

OP
OP
nickkohrn

nickkohrn

Corals for President 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of our aquariums have the overhang, this makes the system flush and uniform looking with the door on the stand :)

Thanks for the information! This is the first time I’ve had an aquarium that has the overhang, so I was a little nervous.

Vin's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know man. That seems like a lot of glass hanging over. Here is my 50 gallon cube from SCA aquariums

IMG_5994.JPG

Crazygar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20240412_142048.jpg

I know this is an old thread, but dealing with a similar issue. Waterbox Stand vs. Seapora 18 x 18 x 18. The gap would make me anxious as well. Hence, why the aquarium is still empty.

In my case it is just the front.

I am going to wager had I bought the whole Eden 20 Kit (which the Seapora dimensions (450 x 450 x 450mm (17.7" × 17.7" × 17.7")) are same as the Eden 20).

I also suspect that I would have ran into a similar issue had I just purchased the Eden 20 as a complete kit. The only difference, Eden 20 has thinner glass (6mm vs 6.35mm for the Seapora) and would obviously been matched with the cabinet as one unit.

I plan to remove the doors, take the aquarium off and drill the holes for the hinges a tad higher so that the door has no choice to be flush with the bottom of the matt.

Though I hold the load bearing ability of the door in suspect. Therefore I assume, it is merely for basic support and the outward pressures would far outweigh the downward.

Rather than lose sleep (which I will), adjusting the hinge location and having the door level with the bottom of the matt will resolve the issue and afford me a nights sleep.

Gary

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 31 34.1%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back