Stand doors help on 190.5

Scallopking

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 9, 2013
Messages
443
Reaction score
656
Location
Cleveland, TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I’ve setup a Waterbox 190.5. Yay!! But this is as good as I can get the doors to sit flush. They still stick out a little. Did any other owners have this issue? Is there a way to get them flush like all the other sides? I’ve about stripped the screws trying to get it right. The far right door is even worse. I think the door might be warped. Thanks for the help.

IMG_6819.jpeg
IMG_6817.jpeg
 
Hi. I’ve setup a Waterbox 190.5. Yay!! But this is as good as I can get the doors to sit flush. They still stick out a little. Did any other owners have this issue? Is there a way to get them flush like all the other sides? I’ve about stripped the screws trying to get it right. The far right door is even worse. I think the door might be warped. Thanks for the help.
I have this tank and my doors are not perfect granted I havent tried to align them dead straight.

They should be able to be flush it just will be a little tedious
 
I feel your pain. Those doors were a headache and I never could get them perfect. Worse yet is their little YouTube instructional video isn't all that helpful
 
What kind of hinges do the doors have? Are they 6-way adjustable hinges? Pics of the hinges might be helpful.
 
I feel your pain. Those doors were a headache and I never could get them perfect. Worse yet is their little YouTube instructional video isn't all that helpful
seriously. I’ve built lots of cabinets before, the hinges are not different. It’s my OCD to ge them straight.
What kind of hinges do the doors have? Are they 6-way adjustable hinges? Pics of the hinges might be helpful.
Right, let me grab a pic.
 
I have this tank and my doors are not perfect granted I havent tried to align them dead straight.

They should be able to be flush it just will be a little tedious
Yeah, maybe I need to adjust them all again. When you do one then the next one won’t close.
 
Yeah, maybe I need to adjust them all again. When you do one then the next one won’t close.
Yeah I understand that. I had that issue with initial cabinet build
 
Hi. I’ve setup a Waterbox 190.5. Yay!! But this is as good as I can get the doors to sit flush. They still stick out a little. Did any other owners have this issue? Is there a way to get them flush like all the other sides? I’ve about stripped the screws trying to get it right. The far right door is even worse. I think the door might be warped. Thanks for the help.

IMG_6819.jpeg
IMG_6817.jpeg
I bought a 1 year old used 190 last month. Did your setup come with rebounders to open the doors?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new