Stand going to be okay?

Caseyoidae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2016
Messages
1,611
Reaction score
3,282
Location
Hudson Valley, NY
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a quick question about stand compatibility. I am purchasing a water box 215 stand from a local reefer and hoping to use it for an sca 150. Any reason this would not work? I plan on potentially putting a sheet of plywood on top.
sca tank is :24x60 150 gallon
Water box is :60.5"L x 26.8"W x 23.6"H
148 gallons
Thanks!!
 
Thanks guys, I may be overthinking this one. My thought was that the load would be more centered length-wise and not directly on top of supports due to that 2.8'' of play. although with a piece of plywood I'm hoping it will be distributed back out more evenly.
 
Also, I may have to push the tank towards the back of the stand to allow over flow plumbing to get past?
 
I guess I’ll center it and modify plumbing. The stand is aluminum
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new