Stand questions

3l3ments

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am struggling to find a stand for my tank its 22"Wx 20"L. I have found some stand but they are crazy expensive and for much larger tanks I did find one for a coral life cube tank but there would be 1/2" of hang over on each side. Feels like its a not a good idea but I am desperate been looking for a couple of weeks at this point.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Certain sizes are harder to find. Personally, I would suggest to get a slightly bigger one rather than slightly smaller. Better to have the stand extend another 2" on each side rather than the glass hang off the stand by 1/2" IMO

OP
OP
3l3ments

3l3ments

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DIY ONE.....
Issue with that is after buying all the tools I would need to DIY one id be 600$ into it and I would and an uglier stand haha.
Certain sizes are harder to find. Personally, I would suggest to get a slightly bigger one rather than slightly smaller. Better to have the stand extend another 2" on each side rather than the glass hang off the stand by 1/2" IMO
the only stand I can find are a lot bigger and 500$ plus the width is the issue

DDenny

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Find a local cabinet maker. Might be easier that trying to find one online to fit those dimensions of the tank. Then it is tailored to your wants. Still going to cost money but you know it fits and its what you want.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am struggling to find a stand for my tank its 22"Wx 20"L. I have found some stand but they are crazy expensive and for much larger tanks I did find one for a coral life cube tank but there would be 1/2" of hang over on each side. Feels like its a not a good idea but I am desperate been looking for a couple of weeks at this point.
Buy that and then have Home Depot cut you a top board the size of your tank! Paint it black or what ever and sit your tank on top.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 20 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 7.0%
Back