Standard 120 MP40 Placement

  • Thread starter Thread starter dustinc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dustinc

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 26, 2010
Messages
533
Reaction score
468
Location
Waxahachie, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have a standard 120 (48x24x24) that is currently cycling and will be SPS dominant. I currently have 2 MP40s and 2 more on the way. I would love the idea of running all 4 on the back wall, as to have no pumps on the side obstructing the view. Will that work? I have 2 closer to the center on each side of the overflow slightly above halfway and thought about the other 2 towards the outside of the glass, close to the bottom pane as the tank is bare bottom. Should this give plenty of varied flow with 2 different EcoSmart modes? Thank you
 
I think it depends a lot on your scape. You can try blowing bubbles into the water in front of the pumps and watch where they travel. That should give you a quick idea of what the flow looks like.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new