Starfish and which ones are okay to own.

MrDeathKills

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have had verying degrees of information. Can not find a big thread on what starfish are good and “bad”.
Are there any Starfish that will actually adapt and be fine with tank life?
I would like to stay towards the super colorful range but if that is not possible its fine.
Any and all care sheets and experience you have had would be greatly appreciated!
I will have a 125gallon tank.

SALTY 75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have had verying degrees of information. Can not find a big thread on what starfish are good and “bad”.
Are there any Starfish that will actually adapt and be fine with tank life?
I would like to stay towards the super colorful range but if that is not possible its fine.
Any and all care sheets and experience you have had would be greatly appreciated!
I will have a 125gallon tank.
There are certainly starfish that can handle tank life. Brittle stars are a great one, very fun guys.

ReeferWarrant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a ton of the small brittle stars in my tank. It's really cool to see a bunch of arms coming out of the rocks when I feed the tank. Saw one that has gotten at least 2 inches in diameter which has me mildly worried, I don't need or want a predatory one.

SALTY 75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a ton of the small brittle stars in my tank. It's really cool to see a bunch of arms coming out of the rocks when I feed the tank. Saw one that has gotten at least 2 inches in diameter which has me mildly worried, I don't need or want a predatory one.
personally I have never had any of mine that were predatory but I have heard that they can be rather sucky to deal with

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back