STARFISH FOR NANO?

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help me, my nano has 17 gallons and I would love to have a starfish, that survives and thrives only mainly left overs.
Suggestions?
I need it to be reef and fish safe.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That rules out a chocolate starfish. Honestly, in such a small tank a starfish isn’t going to survive very long (most of them will barely survive a year under ideal conditions anyway). You’re not so much buying as leasing when it comes to starfish.

The only starfish I’ve had limited success with are the brittle variety.

OP
OP
GuilhermeLba

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That rules out a chocolate starfish. Honestly, in such a small tank a starfish isn’t going to survive very long (most of them will barely survive a year under ideal conditions anyway). You’re not so much buying as leasing when it comes to starfish.

The only starfish I’ve had limited success with are the brittle variety.
Not even a brittle or serpent on that tank?

OP
OP
GuilhermeLba

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bet you could get some micro brittle stars for free off a local reefer. Some are pretty colourful and have nice patterns
Yeah.. but I was thinking more of something like that
IMG-20210801-WA0088.jpg

Billys

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a sand sifting starfish and it was great to watch but seemed like something was eating him. Every day his one arm looked like more and more was missing. And not falling off bc it got stuck, really like something was eating him slowly. His tank mates were a blood shrimp, pair of clowns, yellow goby, and a small striped wrasse.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feed my Chocolate Chip Starfish Frozen Angelfish Formula. FWLR Only as they will eat Corals. It left the Tunicates alone. The Starfish was a hitchhiker to the Patuxent / Chesapeake Bay, from probably Asia, Tunicates were Gulf of Mexico Varieties.

Back