Starfish Id

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lsuhunter
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Lsuhunter

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 6, 2020
Messages
148
Reaction score
136
Location
Louisiana
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS always has these red starfish and I’ve considered them for awhile now. They called them a burgundy starfish but look different then the information I’ve been able to find. They are solid red on both sides, this one is maybe 3 inches across. Any ideas on what it is and reef safe?

FDB1C79D-2CDB-43A3-8E27-F01DE2A67105.jpeg
 
Looks like a red spiny aka red thorny sea star.. they are NOT reef safe
 
Last edited:
Appreciate it, they told me it was reef safe and keep them in a softie tank with seahorses. Glad I didn't get one.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new