Stars and Strips Puffer

jfingers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I introduced a 7” Stars and Strips Puffer in my 300 FOWLR yesterday. Only fish in there is a Porcupine Puffer and a Foxface. Upon introduction the Stars and Strips puffer swam a bit then went to go hide. Today he hid all day in that same spot and didn’t move a muscle. Is this normal for these guys when first introduced?

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bump

Fish can be a lot like people. Even a fish that is not known for being timid or shy, could still be that 1 in 100 that is.

I'd suggest you give it more time and keep a close eye on it and the tank mates. Especially when feeding.

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bump

Fish can be a lot like people. Even a fish that is not known for being timid or shy, could still be that 1 in 100 that is.

I'd suggest you give it more time and keep a close eye on it and the tank mates. Especially when feeding.
^^^What Ron said^^^

It may take a few days for it to settle in. Once it does start eating, don't forget to give it some clams or other seafood with the shells. Both of your puffers will use that to keep their teeth trimmed.

Sam816

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep the light dim and avoid foot traffic around the tank. If u have a wireless camera like wyze then use it to monitor the puffer.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back