start elimi np quit dose np bacto balance?

Weyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i start today dose elimi np , before i used np bacto balance ... should i stop dose np bacto balance when started elimi np ? or can i use both the same time?

OP
OP
W

Weyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
before i add a copperband butterfly i have 0.08
now i have 0.90-0.80 , i feed a lot and do a lot of water change the good news the copperband eat like a pig but my phosphate is hige

OP
OP
W

Weyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i already watch it. my quetion is if i need to stop dose np bacto balance when i start elimi np dose...

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i already watch it. my quetion is if i need to stop dose np bacto balance when i start elimi np dose...
Lou Explains that in the video, yes you need to choose which one your using depending on Nitrates and Phosphates.

With your tank inhabitants, I'm not sure I would switch to Elmi NP, I think I would continue the NP Bacto Balance.

How long have you been dosing NP Bacto balance ?

OP
OP
W

Weyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lou Explains that in the video, yes you need to choose which one your using depending on Nitrates and Phosphates.

With your tank inhabitants, I'm not sure I would switch to Elmi NP, I think I would continue the NP Bacto Balance.

Year

OP
OP
W

Weyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Why not to switch?my phosphate is 0.80 ppm ,i wonder if np bacto balane will help anymore

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll go back to my original question, what is your end game, what are you trying to accomplish ? Is it just a low PO4 number, or is it coral health, algae maintenance or algae irradiation ?
Stability on NO3 and PO4 would be way more important to me than a low number, if you get it lower with elimi NP you may just have to switch back as you will Zero them out at some point, then you will have to start dosing No3 and PO4 to avoid a lot of problems.

OP
OP
W

Weyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll go back to my original question, what is your end game, what are you trying to accomplish ? Is it just a low PO4 number, or is it coral health, algae maintenance or algae irradiation ?
Stability on NO3 and PO4 would be way more important to me than a low number, if you get it lower with elimi NP you may just have to switch back as you will Zero them out at some point, then you will have to start dosing No3 and PO4 to avoid a lot of problems.
I have algea all my sand dino, bubble algea my galss every day i clean and it come back my tank ia 3 to 4 years old , my coral arent healthy and some are dying,

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have algea all my sand dino, bubble algea my galss every day i clean and it come back my tank ia 3 to 4 years old , my coral arent healthy and some are dying,
All of this would have been very helpful up front.
I think you should sit down write up a complete scenerio of your system, its problems, what you've tried and haven't tried.
With this many problems, NP Bacto balance nor elemi NP are going to turn this tank around. No need to answer quickly, compile a 1 year look back and lets get you back on track document your efforts and lets see how we can help.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back