Start up corals

  • Thread starter Thread starter FreshReef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

FreshReef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 16, 2013
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So. Got my 45 gal tank set up now with 45 lb Fiji rock for 1 month. I put 6 damsels in there this week and am very anxious (to say the least) to put some coral in here.
1. How long should I wait b4 adding coral?

2. Since I am a beginner what would be the best to add and how much?

3. How long will a frag take to grow to say the size of my fist?

9uqava9e.jpg
ynatu8uz.jpg
 
What kind of lighting are you running? What is your plans for the tank, softies, lps,sps. If this is your first tank I would start out with some plys/zoas then work up to some lps then into the sps! I see your tank has been going for a month, I would personally give it another couple weeks just to make sure your cycle is done, I usually let my new tanks run for about 8 weeks before adding any corals but that's just me. Make sure your good and stable before adding anything! Read read and read some more! Your growth is based on a few things such as lighting chemistry type of coral just to name a few! Good luck and remember one thing with a reef tank Patientence!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new