Starter

newbee0521

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alrighty guys and gals! I’m brandy new to saltwater aquariums. Just bought the fluval evo 13.5. Put LV, live sand 1.5 inch and pacific saltwater for a week, added 4 snails and 5 hermits and a cultured live rock for the last 2 weeks and adding raw shrimp every 2 days. Ammonia has been holding at .25 on API “herd inaccurate” for the last 5 days. Is it time to add a starter fish? Nitrates and nitrites have been steady with 20 % water change every 5 days

J_Gard88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started off exactly like your doing but then added a few black mollies to get things going and to make sure I didnt waste money. After using them for a couple weeks, (They help cycle the tank as well) I just took them back and got credit towards some fish I really wanted.

King Turkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you reading nitrites or nitrates?( if you think it's inaccurate). You would read 0 nitrite and start seeing nitrates.
Api tests are not the best I suggest when it says shake the bottle for the test like shake the he'll out of it for 5 mins on a timer.

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alrighty guys and gals! I’m brandy new to saltwater aquariums. Just bought the fluval evo 13.5. Put LV, live sand 1.5 inch and pacific saltwater for a week, added 4 snails and 5 hermits and a cultured live rock for the last 2 weeks and adding raw shrimp every 2 days. Ammonia has been holding at .25 on API “herd inaccurate” for the last 5 days. Is it time to add a starter fish? Nitrates and nitrites have been steady with 20 % water change every 5 days
underthesea.gif

Welcome!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back