Starting a QT tank.

SirKevinD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there everyone! Hows it going? So I learned my lesson. My tanks fish all got wiped out after I added two firefish with flukes to my tank and the flukes caused stress which led to Ick and eventually death of the fish. SUCKS! I am starting a QT and wanted to know if you think my list will be good. I have a 60G cube as my main display. I planned out my stock as follows. 1X midas blenny, 2x True perc paired clowns and a flame angel or something. I will use a 10G tank with a HOB filter and PVC pipe inside. I will only acclimate 1 fish at a time except the clowns which i will do together, for 20-30 days in the QT tank. Heres where I have a question. In that 30 day QT time I will feed mysis and a bit of garlic. Do I treat the fish with ich medication or only treat them if i see problems arise in their health? please let me know any tips or tricks! Thanks for the help!

Squishie89

Glub Glub
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure you also have a heater in there =P Medication; there is a lot of opinions about whether or not to treat a fish that isn't sick. My personal take is to not treat. My last fish that I got I did use the Blue Life (I think that is the name) Instant Quarantine dip system before putting into quarantine. It was a copperband and she did great with it and it was super easy and I plan to use it before each quarantine session with future fish. Mr. Saltwater Tanks book on quarantine is pretty amazing and I always suggest to people to buy it if they are going to quarantine.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 142 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back