CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
I got the skimmer and magnum polisher running starting to clear.

Captmcfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
I got the skimmer and magnum polisher running starting to clear.

Hope you are planing on taking that back off line when it’s up and running. Don’t want to waste your micro fauna by skimming them up!! Also make sure your not running the fuge water back into the Roller Mat.
Looking good pal keep it up !

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water will go from tank to roller mat to refugium my return pump will be in a basket just left of skimmer water will enter far right

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like your thought on skimmer. I've been wondering why I've even use it on DT. I test nutrients almost every day and I'm adding NeoPhos and nitrogen often just to stay above O.00

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if I want to give up roller mat yet or just run it without floss? Just have it there and ready in case of Dino outbreak again.

Captmcfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me personally I don’t use a skimmer or socks or floss .. I use the critters in the fuge to take care of everything .. right now I’m letting my new take finish cycling and it will have no mechanical filtration, just macro algae’s and macro fauna. Just one method of many options. I see no need for me to spend all that cash on things that will brake. I also have kept mandarins and will again which makes me need the Micro Fauna to keep them fed. My nitrate has always been under control with this method.

Captmcfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything fills with crud lol. I can’t speak as to what is reef safe or not ?? Technically pvc is not reef safe.. or even human safe. But it’s in all our homes and tanks

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
Just about ready to start the pump thought I would use the old sump water to fill the rest but by the time I got everything out and and new return line sump water not looking so clean anymore. So just need to make ten more gallons of saltwater and I'm going to start it up.

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So with the 16 packets of hungry bacteria should I raise the nitrogen or phosphate? This morning they were 3ppm No3 and 0.04 phosphate

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean it will probably be fine but untreated wood is going to soak up spills like a sponge and potentially get messed up. If it's not impossible, put something that's waterproof under the tank instead of wood, or at least paint it.

Captmcfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t think it’s an issue I’d leave the lights alone
+ one on the wood though. Beat option would be marine grade plywood. Or at least pressure treated

OP
OP
CoralClasher

CoralClasher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Ok it's been running for a few hours now and working well. No leaks, shut power off and doesn't over flow. Just some fine tuning and cleaning. But this is the time to change anything like the stand I built for return basket and skimmer should I get rid of it and make a hanger for it instead? What are the chances I'll need to put the skimmer back in?

Captmcfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I’d cut the length of the stand back and never put the skimmer back in. Looking good though

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back