Starting my first reef tank!!

Bdoncford

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 27, 2020
Messages
83
Reaction score
106
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!! I got into planted tanks about 2 years ago and now I'm ready for the next step and I'm converting my system to a reef tank. Here's my aquascape so far. I got a while untill I can fill the tank with water as I still need more supplies but I have a few frags growing out in my brothers tank. Here's my aquascape so far. Any suggestions for coral placement??
IMG_20200423_192258.jpg
 
Welcome to R2R!!! I encourage you to first focus on water stability. Coral placement will be impacted by your lights and what type of corals you plan to keep - what are your plans?

Clownfish.gif
 
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun....
 
Hello and WELCOME!... I call BS.. no one is "starting my first reef tank" and does aquascaping that awesomely. My first attempts at rockwork looked like a 5 year old playing with playdo. :D

For real though.. LOVE the scape. Glad you've joined R2R as well. This group of people are great, share a common interest, and are super helpful. Welcome to the team!
 
Hello and WELCOME!... I call crap.. no one is "starting my first reef tank" and does aquascaping that awesomely. My first attempts at rockwork looked like a 5 year old playing with playdo. :D

For real though.. LOVE the scape. Glad you've joined R2R as well. This group of people are great, share a common interest, and are super helpful. Welcome to the team!
Lol I swear it's my first reeftank. I did have freshwater though before this. I have been searching for loads of inspiration over the past few months and my buddy just gave me a ton of rock for "free" so I had lots to work with. It took me about 3 days to glue the rocks together how they are now. Thanks for the warm welcome.

IMG_20191212_184145.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new