Starting my first tank soon

cubozoa

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 21, 2025
Messages
9
Reaction score
32
Location
British Columbia
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m Alex, 20 yrs old and I’m from somewhere near Vancouver Canada. I’m just getting into this side of things but have owned many freshwater tanks over the years. A few recent trips to the aquarium inspired me and I finally decided to just do it. Just waiting on a shipment to set everything up. If anyone is interested, since I’m sure some people here do both, here is my one little freshwater tank lol. I thought about starting another, but I think I’ll be solely focusing on saltwater for a while now aside from this little tank here.

 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
I’m Alex, 20 yrs old and I’m from somewhere near Vancouver Canada. I’m just getting into this side of things but have owned many freshwater tanks over the years. A few recent trips to the aquarium inspired me and I finally decided to just do it. Just waiting on a shipment to set everything up. If anyone is interested, since I’m sure some people here do both, here is my one little freshwater tank lol. I thought about starting another, but I think I’ll be solely focusing on saltwater for a while now aside from this little tank here.

Not sure why photos not uploading, ah well
 
I’m Alex, 20 yrs old and I’m from somewhere near Vancouver Canada. I’m just getting into this side of things but have owned many freshwater tanks over the years. A few recent trips to the aquarium inspired me and I finally decided to just do it. Just waiting on a shipment to set everything up. If anyone is interested, since I’m sure some people here do both, here is my one little freshwater tank lol. I thought about starting another, but I think I’ll be solely focusing on saltwater for a while now aside from this little tank here.
Welcome to the forums!
 
Welcome to R2R and the salty world Alex. Take things slowly. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
background.png
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new