OP
T

Tommy_G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, the red algae on the back rock is starting to look dangerous. Any thoughts on if I need to take this rock out and scrub that algae off??

Untitled.png

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's a pretty strain of cyano, I would do it just for the practice of easily hand guiding substrates before total takeover. that its in a small, controllable spot means the reef is balanced, not imbalanced, this is what feeds conchs in the wild. no phosphate detailing, testing and reaction to the water params, just simple lift up/make it gone

OP
OP
T

Tommy_G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the past couple of days, my anemone has settled into the sand and kinda stayed put. Although color seems pretty good, it used to be huge and its body was super extended 4-6 inches. Now it is all cramped up.

Over the past 6 months it has moved around the tank in different spots, but almost always in a way that the body was mostly out of the sand.

Just checking to see if this is normal or if I should be concerned.

Untitled.png

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tommy it’s looking great! all balanced very well per close up shots

OP
OP
T

Tommy_G

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning All.

Thought I would just add a post to my thread here :)

Tank is doing well, with the onset of Covid, it has been quite difficult to keep my tank going well. (Its on my desk at work, and have been mostly working from home).

I have a few team mates that go into the office here and there and help feed.

I go in about once a week to do a 1gal or so water change as well.

I lost a few of my tank occupants when someone had accidently unplugged the power strip. But the clown fish lived through it as did most of the snails/crabs. I did lose my corals, coral banded shrimp and the anemone.

Last November I added an Emerald Crab and another Anemone, but as luck would have it, the clown fish could care less about it, and honestly over the months it gets smaller and smaller.

So my question, what do I need to do to keep Anemone healthier in my tank? Is light a factor? I am still using the light that came with the tank and looking to upgrade at some point, but haven't saved enough yet.

Anyways, thanks all for any input, I will be googling and searching information there as well, but this forum seems to have the best advice.

bnord

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
super nice little tank and there is a an anemone thread you might attract more attention to

I seem to do poorly with anemones but when they do do well for me it is with regular meals - something fleshy they can take in and digest

I make a home made blend of fish, conch, clams, snails, shrimp I get from the Korean market, blended and frozen. not too much at a time or they will regurgitate and a tank that small may have a hard time

Again, not an expert, but this works from me

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 43 51.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.6%
Back