Starting up my first big tank

Ok so I replaced the T5's on this build with leds. I am now running (3) 120W led panels over this tank.
I had to modify the canopy to hold the leds
Bracket to hold led rack
ledrackbracked.jpg

Leds in place ( I will paint the rack and brackets for corossion prevention)
ledsinstalled.jpg

Led full tank shot (cell phone pic)
ledfulltankshot.jpg
 
The Leds are in a non standard light configuration, I got 35 - 16000K, 28 - 14000K, 28 453nm blue and 28, 468nm blue.

The standard fixture are around $250 + tax each, however I wanted to be able to control each set of lights individually so each one of my lights have 4 circuits in them and 4 plugs, one for each circuit. So they ended up costing around $290 + tax each.
 
Last edited:
Nice build. Would love to see some updated pics...
 
I am getting ready to reaquascape the tank ans once that is finished I will post some updated pics.
 
Ok sorry for not updating the thread but will try and post some updated pics tonight. This tanks has transitioned to a almost FOWLR tank as I have not taken all of the coral out if it, there is still a very large colony of pink pulsing xenia (My wifes favorite, which is why it is still in the tank), large colony of GSP, some orange yumas and some other mushrooms. I am keeping the coral in this tank to just LPS and softies as for fear that some of my fish will decide the bufffet is open.

I have drastically increased the number of fish in the tank which required some equipment upgrades to handle the bioload increase, I upgraded the sump to a 90g and upgraded the skimmer to a AquaMaxx Cone 3 In-Sump Series Protein Skimmer with a Sicce 3.0 pump rated up to 500 gallons.


Fish list ( all are small except for the Blonde naso, powder blue and blueface angel)
trio Blue star african leopard wrasses
red velvet wrasse
yellow flanked wrasse
solinaris wrasse
red coris wrasse
yellow coris wrasse
lighting wrasse
coral bueaty
lemon peel angel
multi colored angel
watanabie female angel
blue faced angel
Blonde naso tang
powder blue tang
convict tang
Princess Parrot
Pair Banggaii Cardinals
Pair Pajama Cardinals
black sailfin blenny
squirrelfish
flame hawk
Pair Percula/Ocellaris clowns
blue green chromie
blue reef chromie
 
Last edited:
Love the steel stand. Wanted to make one similar for my 200g. I don't know if the 1.5 steel steel tube at 3/16 is enough tho
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new