Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know the details.
The new one I am working on is a totally different look and is mostly glass. I have never seen anything like it so I think it will be really cool looking. I am collecting the materials and still finishing up the details in my head. My Son n Law also wants me to design and build a water bowl for his cat that has a reservoir so he can go on vacation and his cat likes to drink flowing water so when the cat goes near it, water will flow out of a small faucet so the cat will drink. If it were my cat (and I don't have or want a cat) I would put out a bucket of water and tell him to get over it or stay thirsty.

Tori

ReefMoore 103
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks but I don't need a living. I already did that making a living thing since I was 12. Now I just want to build things. :D

That's awesome! I dream of getting to that point one day. Untill then, nothing to do but keep paying my dues

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a great feeling when your dues are finally paid. :D

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am almost finished with another SteamPunk lamp. I know I keep saying this, but this new one is my favorite so far. It seems they are all my favorite as I am building them.

I found out that the art show they will be in is a month long. During the show people can bid on the items and buy them after the month. I am kind of excited about it and am anxious to know what people say about them.

Untamedrose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are so cool! If your notta going to sell..I might have to figure it out on my own lol Loving the tank/fire extinguisher one.

borrowedlight

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These lamps are seriously too cool. My first thought was that the air bubbles in the first lamp were tiny jelly fish. xD
So there's an idea for next time. Ha

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say! They're quite remarkable!

I happen to be something of a Steampunk fan, and find these rather delightful.

~Bruce

THanks Bruce, I was going for delightful. :D

Jellyfish LOL

They will be sold, I can't keep them forever so I hope to lose a bunch at the art show.:cool:

Rick.45cal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THanks Bruce, I was going for delightful. :D

Jellyfish LOL

They will be sold, I can't keep them forever so I hope to lose a bunch at the art show.:cool:

I bet you won't have any problem selling them! I predict you will leave with less lamps and more green in your pocket!

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep getting offers to buy them and a large lighting store here wants all of them, but I won't sell to a store.

This new project is about half finished. It still needs the upper structure which will hold the "pull chain" that is coming from a hole in the bottle. That is not the correct bulb which will be a long thin one and it needs paint and antiquing. I think it will come out "interesting" if nothing else.

RDA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, these are some really awesome lamps! I've never seen any lamps that are anywhere near this cool.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I just love designing them

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For most of these I purposely rusted the new pipes by first washing them to remove the oil, then I brushed on a mixture of hydrogen peroxide, vinegar and salt. That combination starts to rust metal immediately. After a while, like 2 hours, I dry them with a heat gun and spray them with a clear coating.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. :cool:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very excited about this one, about half finished. This picture doesn't yet have the lights on it but it will have three. I found this phone box Circa 1940 on Etsy. I actually bought three different ones and will get some more. I have almost all of the parts and will finish it this week. The large tuner on the right will turn on two of the vintage bulbs and another antique switch will turn on and dim the other bulb.

Chasmodes, a member on here sent me a box of spare and odd parts, some of which will be in this project. Thanks Kevin :D

Last edited:

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back