Steel Stand on Tile Floor

  • Thread starter Thread starter sandogrob
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

sandogrob

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2019
Messages
14
Reaction score
8
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am setting up a 280 gal the steel stand footprint is 7' by 30" do I need to put a piece of plywood under the stand or can I just put a strip of felt all the way around the bottom.
 
If your having the stand built I'd have them include adjustable feet with plastic bottoms.
 
That seems like a lot of weight focused on one point.

I was thinking the same thing. that's a literal ton of water but i assume the bottom is framed so it would be distributed along the perimeter tiles.

The issue is how flat and solid is the tile floor so that no tiles get stressed
 
Weight is spread out on each foot, look at tables with metal legs they have the same thing. Carts have casters same principal.

When building a stand where is all the weight distributed, on the 4 corners and any center braces.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new