Steel Stand with Removable Legs

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had a steel stand manufactured that has removalable legs? I am trying to get a large stand into a house that I do not think would fit fully assembled. I am picturing the base and legs fabricated and then bolted together inside the residence.

Or has anyone had a steel stand welded only after its been placed inside?

Or should I look at different building materials?

Stand likely 120" x 36" x 41" tall.

Thanks,

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had a steel stand manufactured that has removalable legs? I am trying to get a large stand into a house that I do not think would fit fully assembled. I am picturing the base and legs fabricated and then bolted together inside the residence.

Or has anyone had a steel stand welded only after its been placed inside?

Or should I look at different building materials?

Stand likely 120" x 36" x 41" tall.

Thanks,
Isn't the tank going to be the width and length of stand?

Perhaps consider coming into your house thru window or sliding door (with both doors out) opening(s). IMO if the stand will not fit, then tank also will not fit, so modifying stand may just be theoretical exercise... if you want an aquarium to sit on stand

OP
OP
piranhaman00

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Isn't the tank going to be the width and length of stand?

Perhaps consider coming into your house thru window or sliding door (with both doors out) opening(s). IMO if the stand will not fit, then tank also will not fit, so modifying stand may just be theoretical exercise... if you want an aquarium to sit on stand

Yes width and length but the legs of the stand are the limiting factor, much taller than the actual tank. Tank will fit fine.

I have seen several videos of AMAZING aluminum T-Slot stands.

I will be building my next stand this way. For a 10' tank.

was going to suggest t slot. You can build the sand in the place it will go.

Yes going to have to try this!

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I had the same exact dilemma because I wanted a stand that's 83x32x46H and initially came to a conclusion that the only way to bring it in is in sections. Found picture online, see below, and was about to go that route. All changed and I just got 80/20 profile stand. Very happy so far and you can bring it in through a fist-sized hole in the wall if you really wanted to.

Below not mine but great idea for sectional stand bolted together in place if you are set on steel stand.

1621012112067.png

1621012178702.png

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes those are pricey!
There are other outfits that do something similar, maybe for a little less, I dunno.

I would adjust your expectations though for something that is custom cut and of that size. I spoke (very briefly) to a metal fabricator in my area and he would charge 5X what this would run.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 84 87.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back