• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Steer Clear of Shubz

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

paphater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stay away from ordering with Shubz. I placed an order for two packs he offered up. After many weeks of waiting, not his fault due to the hurricanes, we had an agreed upon date for him to ship the corals. He kept getting what he was sending mixed up so I in my last paypal payment I included all of the details-delivery date and what was to be included in the pack. This turned out to be key. Shubz shipped the coral a day earlier than we had agreed. The agreed upon date was crucial because I work 13 hour shifts and nobody would be home to bring the package in. At work I received a message from UPS that my package was out for delivery. I contacted Shubz about the mistake and he said it wouldn't be a problem because he packaged them so well.

This was his packaging. Little plastic condiment cups with the lid held on by a piece of scotch tape.
coral - Copy.jpg

coral 1 - Copy.jpg

Four of the corals (one packs worth) were DOA. When I opened the containers the smell was awful. The containers leaked like a sieve. Three of the frags were only partly submerged in water.

I immediately sent pictures and he was initially apologetic. After asking for a refund or for him to ship new pieces he immediately started getting defensive, trying to shift the blame to me and UPS. He said it wasn't his fault because the corals sat outside. When I told him it was his fault because he didn't ship on the right date more excuses came flying in. Everything from misunderstanding to "he was going out of town and didn't want to make me wait." He was in no way willing to take responsibility for what he did. When I asked him about how he shipped the coral, he said that it was UPS's fault the containers leaked. Those containers are not water tight. I flipped them upside down holding them still and they leaked.

All 10 pieces I received from him ultimately died. Sadly I split my paypal payments in two and only included the detailed information in the last one, so I was only able to get a partial refund. Throughout the paypal dispute he would randomly message me and subtly try and convince me to drop the dispute. At one point he told me something to the effect that I "just don't understand how things work."

The other issue was that a few of the pieces I received were not anywhere close to what was pictured. I didn't ask for complete details, so on that part of it I consider it lesson learned.

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Any outside post from anyone who has nothing to do with the matter will be deleted by moderators. Posting of emails, text messages and private messages are prohibited. (Sticky rules found in the Feed Back Forum). Just a friendly reminder.

:)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back